Tuesday, August 10, 2010

8.10.2010, ftw

making some changes.

social networking has pretty much killed this blog. as the last regular reader of whom i'm aware just signed up for facebook, i'm going to stop posting one-paragraph entries or youtube vids here. those with a desire to continue seeing such from me can "friend" me on "the heroin of the internet" (if you haven't already). henceforth, this outlet shall be reserved for blather of _some substance_.

along with that, i'm going to stop submitting reviews to the other websites/publications i've been contributing to on an irregular basis for the past few years. it doesn't make sense to keep doing so for the sole purpose of staying on the gravy train with labels/press agents whose releases i like. i already have more music in my house than i can listen to, and i have no problem paying for what i want to hear.

finally, when _the laziest summer of my life since high school_ is over (i.e., when my sweetie goes back to work), i _am_ going to resume writing with some regularity and discipline, but only on a project that's probably of no interest to anyone outside my family, which i'll probably spend the rest of my life tinkering with.

while i'll continue writing about music, at this point i'm more interested in trying to hustle gigs for the bands that i play in (if it's always better to play than to watch, it's _definitely_ more interesting to play than to _write about_ playing or watching). who wants to read "a vitamin salesman's opinion about music," anyway?

so there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Dang, those are some changes!

Well I am still not on FB. (I was in college but thereafter dismissed it as a drama machine/time vacuum). Yes, yes, I know, everyone has gotten in touch with someone they haven't heard from in x amount of years... oh well.

I will miss reading your posts!!!

6:48 PM  
Blogger stashdauber said...

Not pulling the plug, just going to try and do more writing rather than social network-type blips. I feel like I'm losing my chops. When Kat goes back to work, my plan is to go back to writing _something_ for at least 30 minutes every day. Which is a fraction of the time I waste on FB now.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Grubbermeister said...

Here's to the plan, man!

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Jamie Shipman said...

Sounds like a noble undertaking! One I appreciate because I, too, am no longer on Facebook. I've always preferred reading your wordier posts anyway...

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home