Monday, December 22, 2008

going back to the well

spending some time with my sweetie and the cats (and hopefully my kids and grandkids too). planning to make a recording (which my middle dtr requested a coupla yrs ago) of songs i usedta sing them when they were small plus some acoustic fingerstyle shit i practice when i'm not otherwise engaged, with the moron-level instructions my big sis gave me for garageband and andre's acoustic. re-reading ben watson's frank zappa: the negative dialectics of poodle play and the book about 20th century classical music that my sister-in-law gave me last xmas. listening to fz, messiaen, harry partch, stravinsky, mingus. scheming and plotting musical projects for next year. digging the fact that our new president's va-ca in hawaii is forcing journos to have to explain what spam musubi is. contemplating multiple reminders of mortality. life's a blast, hope it's gonna last.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would love to hear the recordings when yer done. Check out alonetone.com for free distribution of your music, if your ok with that. Gonna look up that Zappa book.

K

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home