Friday, January 19, 2007

nervebreakers and some band from england

in 1977, i was still living at my parents' house on lawn guyland and working at the rekkid store a coupla yrs after dropping out of college. i was planning to move to boston until a coupla guys i knew did and were back in six months, saying, "don't go there! there are 20,000 college kids! you'll never find a job! the auto theft rate is the highest in the country! bleeeaaaggghhh!!!"

then my drummer from college called me up. he had been going to electronics school in new jersey when he inexplicably decided to transfer to texas. (i'd been on my way to see him in jersey when i wrecked my car on staten island and had to postpone my departure for a yr.) he said, "come to texas. you can make nine dollars an hour raking rocks in the road. i just saw the sex pistols. they sucked. but i saw this dallas band called the nervebreakers open for them. they were great."

thank you, stephen thomas gray.



ADDENDUM: wanna hear the nervebreakers? go here. wanna read an interview i did with 'em? go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home