Wednesday, March 08, 2006

rappin' with anancy

talked to josef the other night
first time in months
he's busy being a daddy for the second time
and becoming a homeowner (trying to keep the lights on).

miss buying coffee from him
and spending two hours shooting the shit
back when he used to work downtown
and i used to go pay my child support.

talkin' about how he wants to start a new thing
(maybe open mic poetry in his 'hood -- an idea with merit)
and how the scene's about to change
(we really losing the wreck in two yrs? jayzus.

i just hope they stay open long enough
to have their tenth anniversary
and for me to have my 50th birthday party there
that'll be june 28th, 2007.)

things always change -- waiting for the next one,
whether it's the speakeasy, or the metrognome
or spending more time digging in my garden.
i'm gonna miss my living room, tho.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's this business about losing The Wreck in two years time? Did I miss something?!

5:26 PM  
Blogger stashdauber said...

cat that owns the building sold it. brian's lease is good for another two. he's gonna open a ritzy j'int downtown. you could ask him, but i don't believe there are any plans to relocate the wreck. sic transit gloria rawknroll.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that makes me sad...
I don't like change.
I heard about emBARgo...I didn't know that it would be in stead of.

5:04 PM  
Blogger stashdauber said...

i'm not a big fan of change my damn self

but...part of life...

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home