Saturday, December 24, 2005

man: the tool user

so i was in the shower when my sweetie left to take my middle dtr to work yesterday. had lotsa fun washing my hair w/one hand only (other was holding onto the railing that la casa's previous occupant had installed, which i formerly derided but now greatly appreciate; think i might have to use the kitchen sink for shampoo purposes until i am healed), then when it came time to get out of the shower, i suddenly realized that i'd left my crutches in the corner, kinda out of reach from where i was. so i very carefully (to avoid the further ignominy of slipping and cracking my skull on hard porcelain) leaned over to the bathroom sink, grabbed my glasses, and used them to hook a crutch, which i was then able to use to balance on while extricating myself from the bathtub without pulling / tearing / falling / busting anything else. i feel so competent now. poor planning needn't be a problem for man, the tool user.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home